NUnrar is a native C# unrar library that supports forward-only (i.e. Network) streams and Silverlight. No intermediate buffering necessary. Random access is also available.
It was ported from the JUnrar version of unrar (http://java-unrar.sourceforge.net/) by Edmund Wagner.
UnRAR - free utility for RAR archives
License for use and distribution of
FREE portable version
The source code of UnRAR utility is freeware. This means:
1. All copyrights to RAR and the utility UnRAR are exclusively
owned by the author - Alexander Roshal.
2. The UnRAR sources may be used in any software to handle RAR
archives without limitations free of charge, but cannot be used
to re-create the RAR compression algorithm, which is proprietary.
Distribution of modified UnRAR sources in separate form or as a
part of other software is permitted, provided that it is clearly
stated in the documentation and source comments that the code may
not be used to develop a RAR (WinRAR) compatible archiver.
3. The UnRAR utility may be freely distributed. It is allowed
to distribute UnRAR inside of other software packages.
4. THE RAR ARCHIVER AND THE UnRAR UTILITY ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS".
NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT
YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS,
DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING
OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
5. Installing and using the UnRAR utility signifies acceptance of
these terms and conditions of the license.
6. If you don't agree with terms of the license you must remove
UnRAR files from your storage devices and cease to use the
Thank you for your interest in RAR and UnRAR.
Alexander L. Roshal